Monday, September 1, 2014

Why Maker Club?

Well funny story. Well not really. Well Anyway...

I want my students to start blogs this year. Yay math blogs! I want to be disciplined in documenting my first full year back in the saddle as a teacher.

I wanted to through the process of starting a blog so I can tell my students. I wanted to use "Created to Create"...that was a one-posted back in 2008. A worship leader, interestingly enough. So I checked "Created 2 Create" - another one-poster back in 2010. Oh well!

The maker club embodies what I'm going for in the classroom anyway so why not expend the tent poles of said "club" to include all those called to "make" (hint: YOU!)

So why maker? The first verb in scripture is "created". We, of course are part of this creation. But there is something more profound. Humanity was created in the image of the creator...thus...we have been created WITH THE INHERENT BENT TO CREATE!!

That's what drives my teaching. We each have been gifted to create and contribute differently but the bottom line is, WE ARE ALL CALLED. In education, it is the responsibility of the educator to foster that call. Lord, help us! Lord have mercy.

So, to all those feeling that deep down thumb print of a creator on you, welcome to the Maker Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment